kyrix1st
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 M2; E92M3 MT&DCT; M3 euro

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theruleslawyer View Post
Okay. So who is a performance driver on the street in your opinion then?

If someone who is a 'performance driver' who also drives that car on the street are they a poser if they have a D wheel?

What if you're a street driver and like the D shape since it makes it easier to get in and out? Are you a poser?

What if your car just came stock with a D wheel? are you a poser?

Point being there are lots of legit reasons why someone might have a D wheel, performance and otherwise. Calling anyone a poser over it on the street or otherwise is asinine.
I did not say there aren't legit reasons for a car to have a D-shaped steering wheel.

I simply implied anyone looking to replace stock BMW steering wheels with d-shaped steering wheels on street cars, for likely the sole purpose of showing off, is a poser. I also said performance wise it's not really necessary, since a street car without a bucket seat would not need the extra room below for a 6-point harness unless one's physique (e.g. fatness) requires such modification. More often that not, it hinders precise control.

"Poser" here refers to those who do not care or understand the performance benefits of such modification. The phrase "performance driver" is used as an opposite to the poser i.e. people who make such modifications with a clear understanding of its performance benefits.

I'm sure you inferred what I was going to say, but I entertained.