View Single Post
      04-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #11
120d_estoril
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F21 120d Auto - Estoril Blue

Hello.

Unfortunately I still haven't received the speakers. I was promised them Saturday and again today but still no sign but I'm promised them tomorrow although not holding my breath.

Anyway in preparation I've started running the cables along the car for when the speakers do arrive. I went for Vanne Dam Blue cable and used the 5mm stuff for the tweeters and 7mm stuff for the mids and another run of 7mm for the subs.

Took me five hours just to do the passenger side today. Had to remove a bit of trim inside the car and then drill through the block in the door to feed the cables through. It was a bit nerve wracking drilling through the block and remove the trim on a new car but everythings gone back as it should and I'm really pleased its done although I've still got the other side to do yet!!

Hopefully if the speakers turn up tomorrow I can get the door panel off and get the speakers fitted and wired up!

Only a few pics unfortunately but I promise to do a better write up for the speaker install. All cables have been braided and tied wrapped at 8" intervals.

All done!

Cables in the boot although will be hidden eventually.

Thanks for looking.
Mark
Appreciate 0