06-15-2021, 01:22 PM   #48
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
I love the Hwy 333 Loop. The pic was taken at the entrance of Peggy's Cove. That day, it was a real zoo with dozens of tour buses practically taking over the rear parking lot. Hundreds of gawkers on the roads not paying attention to vehicles. I just parked on the lot at the entrance of the village.

I had Fish & Chips at the Masstown Market on my way back.

Attachment 2627871

Attachment 2627874

But first, I had to feed the bike at the Station across the road.

Attachment 2627875
Yeah Peggy's Cove can be a real nightmare to get through sometimes. Luckily I've been there enough times that I can pretty much tell how bad it's going to be just from the traffic on the drive there. If it's too bad I'll just keep going to the Swiss Air Memorial or Indian Harbour. Both are just as picturesque but a lot less crowded... and no lighthouse.
You were on a bike so just do the "hooligan rev-limiter bark" and people will notice you. They may throw their ice cream at you but at least they'll get out of the way.

The drive/ride down route 3 to Bridgewater is a nice trip too, although a few sections of it are a little rough. Of course you should also take a side trip over to Lunenburg. There are lots of pubs and photo ops around the town. You might even get lucky and the Bluenose II will be home.