Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnofcross
Quote:
Originally Posted by synclastica_86 View Post
I think ppl are taking top gear too seriously. Watch Chris Harris to get a feel of how cars actually drives and for useful consumer advice. What top gear is now is nothing more than great television. A lot of the tests are plain silly but undeniably entertaining to watch. I also don't think Clarkson is a bad driver. I personally am not capable of just getting into any car and pull off controlled power slides like Clarkson. He is of course not the best driver, but I think that he's definitely above average.
Yup. Which is why they made fun of him right after the segment (they as in Hamster and May). They know the car wasn't at complete fault, and flat out blamed the driver, which was hilarious.
Exactly. Some people don't seem to get that it was mostly a joke. Still, sometimes I wish Top Gear would provide some useful information. For instance, they could have discussed why it hydroplaned. But that's just not something they do. Funny episode overall. I particularly liked when they showed the first Mercedes 6-wheeled truck lol.