07-31-2022, 09:12 AM   #112
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Neat you dug up a 7-year-old post of mine. Sad how much my memory is fading just 7 years later. I'm sure all of my posts in this thread were mostly from memory. LOL

But 3 days ago, I bought a new 2022 Ford Bronco w/ a manual transmission. My fleet averages right now (prior to the Bronco) are: 17 years old for age and 206,000 for miles. I'm retiring in a few years, so I wanted to buy a new vehicle now and pay it off while still working so I'd have a newish car when I reach that time. NOTHING in BMW's line up interests me at all; zero. The problem with EV is right now they just don't offer the range and refuel specs that most people want if they have a single car household. So, for me buying one now so I have a fresh car in 2025 makes no sense if in 5 years EV has range and fuel refill on the order of ICE (they won't). Where I live in a rural county, I need a 4x4 when the weather turns bad. The Bronco is one of the few offered with a manual transmission.

I looked at the i4 a few weeks ago at my local BMW dealer. The i4 is not yet available for sale and can only be ordered. It's a heavy car for its size. I saw no foot room for the rear seat passengers. I will say the mandatory EV giant TV screen was pretty well integrated in the dash, but not as well done as the Lyric.
I am retired but I have the advantage of living in an urban area. Like you, the BMW BEV entries just don't do it for me. I do intend my next car (replacing my current 2018 BMW 530e) to be a BEV. I have a deposit down on a Lucid Air Pure and on a Cadillac AWD Lyriq as a backup.
Appreciate 0