05-17-2013, 08:54 AM   #4
diesel20
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: '15 F30 328i '15 F12 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teg View Post
Cheers. I don't have the extended light option, so that is perhaps why nothing happens! Seems odd that the iDrive is set-up as if you can change it though - i.e. you can physically switch between normal and sport on the menu.
Sport should make the lights white, standard they match the orange of the rest of the instrument lighting. M sport should also have ambient lighting in the front footwells. What colour are your ambient lights? I have the extended light option so can't confirm what your system should be doing, but the option to change the light colour and the additional lights in in the footwells is always listed as part of the M-sport pack so your car should do it.

If it's any consolation, my rain sensor is also terrible, as is the one on my moms new 5 series. Possibly worse than the one on her previous 5 series. The VW system works better, but not by much. You have toggled the dial all the way to get maximum sensitivity haven't you?

A software upgrade might solve your idrive problem and improve your rain sensor. Chat to your dealer.
Appreciate 0