10-19-2021, 01:09 AM   #11613
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyn-BMW View Post

So, that’s how my current life came to be. So, I’ll ask you again. Why do you think I’m a, “stereotypical douchebag”. And, why do you think I have to lie, to live the way I live? Because, you couldn’t be further from the truth.
Regardless, your interactions in this post and how you seemed to brag about your gf situation didn't exactly paint a good picture and it's going to determine how the rest of us view you. If you are indeed the person you claim, then good for you.

You may have struck a nerve yesterday, just sayin. Which has now become a little ironic because of your life story explanation above when you mentioned being between Israel and Jordan. I've lied to my gf too many times recently being overseas to simply to save her from worrying. I tell her I'm training with no comms, or not involved with various things etc, when the reality is I don't want to tell her where I am or where I'm going (when I can say). I don't like lying to her about these things, but she has already told me she would rather me lie to her about where I am at any given time vs her sitting there worried. No, these aren't lies trying to get laid, but they are lies non-the-less, and as others here have stated, sometimes lies are necessary, sometimes lies are harmless and just to keep the peace.

So, just like not everyone who lives a life such as yours should be thrown into the douchebag category, not everyone who lies should be either.

Now, enough of that crap. Someone start telling some dating horror stories. I'll start.

Dating apps are fucking dangerous. I was once talking to a girl on a dating app that in her photos she was smokin' good looking. She was into cars and motorcycles (WIN), was big into EDM and was a regular festival goer, but also kept it real and was sober. Double win. We were going to meet up for the first time at a car show event and then hang out for the evening. Well, her photos were a good 5 years old. She gained a good 50lbs since her photos and showed up looking like she swallowed a inflated river tube, wearing torn and stained near see through leggings and a spaghetti stained shirt. Her breath was rancid and looked like she just rolled out of bed and walked out the door. . Her personality and intelligence matched her appearance. She was dropped off at the event and her ride left, so being the nice guy I am I didn't want to just leave her there so I had to spend the next 3 hours with her.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25210.00