04-18-2024, 11:00 AM   #7864
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteVTEC View Post
Anecdotal data point, but there's definitely EV regret here in the affluent D.C. suburbs.

When they first came out, I started to see the Ford Mach-E just about everywhere. There were TONS of them on the road almost overnight, and people were buying them like crazy. Now I hardly see a single one. The big issue here is lack of infrastructure for anything other than Tesla's. Just for curiosity's sake I checked reviews for some of the other non-Tesla public charging stations in the area, and most of them don't work at all, and are constantly broken and needing to be repaired. So unless you're home charging, you're screwed. I'm sure Ford quality and recalls and software issues didn't help, but people very clearly and quickly unloaded these things over a year or so. Plenty of Tesla's here, though.

I have no problems with EV's, but you have to have the infrastructure to support them, and nobody wants a vehicle that's going to blow up in your face, metaphorically or for real.
Now that Ford has adopted the NACS and offeres an adapter (for free thru June 30th) the Mach E owners are all wetting themselves over access to the Tesla network. Even though most HATE Elon Musk for his eX's (err... Tweets).
Appreciate 1