View Single Post
      05-02-2022, 08:57 AM   #313
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

overall, im content with the Cowboys draft.

They went for athletic talent, while potentially raw, which is what they've been going after for the last decade and its worked out well. If their position coaches can teach these guys solid technique, like we have been able to do lately, this draft is going to end up having several long term starters.

OL Tyler Smith is the type of guy you want on the inside and it looks like he is going to get the chance to start early on at Guard. This should help his penalty issues, as most his penalties came from him reaching out at DEs in pass protection while playing tackle.

DE Sam Williams reminds me of Parsons in terms of athletic ability. One of the fastest DEs in the draft, good strength. Just needs to work on his pass rush moves, much like Parsons did last year. He'll be in the DE rotation with Armstrong and Parsons opposite DLaw.

WR Tolbert is a Gallup clone, and will be a solid #3 WR.

4th-6th picks are a lot of guys that have good athletic traits, but need some coaching. the LB they took in the 5th from LSU is a stud and would have been a day 2 pick if he wasnt injured. Hopefully he returns to form after a year of NFL training and rehab.

Giants had a solid 1st round. Thibideaux and Neal were some of the best in the draft. Not sure about the wr they took in the 2nd though. Sure hes fast and shifty, but he is tiny.

Eagles had a good 1st, mainly because they traded their 1st for a good wr instead of drafting another 1st round WR bust, but i wasnt high on their 3rd round pick LB Dean. I was glad they took him though, cause a lot of people thought the Cowboys would. Dude has a bad knee, bad shoulder, torn pec and refusing to get surgery despite many drs telling him he should. Maybe he was just waiting to get to the NFL and have access to the NFL Drs/ Surgeons, but it doesnt sit well with me.

The Commanders are the Commanders and they came away not getting a QB and not really improving their team imo.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0