gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM5nster View Post
No insecurity, just fact checking

I didn't say anything about why you like the color. I answered your question about what was wrong with it. I simply said that it's not an attractive color and the majority of people will agree with me.
you're one of these people that does weird stuff and justifies it by saying "well what's normal?!?." Let me answer that for you. Normal is the average. average is the majority. so normal is what is by majority. if the majority of people were homosexual, homosexuality would be the norm. meaning it would be normal and heterosexuality would be abnormal. not saying there's anything wrong with homosexuality other than it is nonsense because the point of sex is to reproduce and keep our species going. But in our modern society keeping our species alive isnt a worry. so who cares, but it is completely contradictory to nature. and it just isn't the norm and that is why.
your color preference also isn't the norm.
that's not to say you're any less than anyone else that's just saying your taste differs from the majority.
I can sit here as well as anyone and talk about how the majority is wrong a lot and all that but in this case I'm going to agree with the masses and say that color just isn't attractive on a vehicle.

what else isn't the norm is leasing a vehicle. why?
welllll,
when you lease, you don't own it, you can't do anything to it you can't modify it and you have a mileage restriction.
when the lease is over you give it back and you've paid all those monthly payments for nothing. Now I know that at the end of the lease you can buy it out but then youve really lost money because they're going to really stick it to you when they sell it to you after you've already paid however much money monthly.

in other words you are doing nothing but renting it and you are controlled as to what you can do to it with the only perk being a lower monthly payment.
if you buy a brand new one you get a warranty if you buy a used one you can get a warranty so you're not leasing it for warranty and worry free ownership.

most people lease because they can't afford payment on buying new but they are the type of person that must have a new car regardless of if they can afford it or not.
and you can actually lease cheaper than you can finance a used one too that's how they get you to lease them.
that's why most people lease. on the other hand you can just pretend you own it and when your lease runs out you can pretend you're just trading in on thr new model and you can just ignore where the pymnt is going and just accept the fact that you're just paying a payment to drive a car and as long as you make a payment youve got a car. but you are still just throwing your money away for the most part with no chance of ever owning it or having it be yours.
its kind of disheartening when u think about it.

but most people like to own their vehicle and not rent it.

I choose not to buy expensive high-end luxury vehicles new because they lose so much value in the first few years, but after that they plateau. I mean I can't afford it either but it's also wasteful. in that regard leasing the car is a good idea because you don't have to worry about losing money on the depreciation. so I can respect a lease and understand it for that. kinda..

what's wrong with entry-level? nothing really on somethings but there's always a corner cut or it just always missing something u want

but there's nothing wrong with an M3 that was just a stab at you for trying to talk crap by lowballing the value of my car when you lease..

just sayin'
I think you need to brush up on how leases work and the financial implications of owning vs leasing. jmg alluded to some it being the fixed residual and overall downside risk protection but there are many pros/cons to each form of ownership with overall cost being only one factor.

Your comments come off as smug and ill-informed but I know I am not the first person in here to tell you that...
Appreciate 2
jmg18708.00
Biginboca3763.50