View Single Post
      12-16-2010, 09:44 AM   #56
pantherfan69
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D M-Sport

Garage List
2011 335D  [0.00]
the previous hatch they tried was woefully underpowered. I would seriously consider this new 1 series hatch as my next bmw, though I would want either a diesel or an engine that doesnt require a HPFP replacement constantly.

As to the 335d not being successful, I swear i have more people interested in my current 335d than I did in my 530i, and by a large variety of people! When i went to purchase, i wanted something reliable AND fun, and right now that means either the 128/328 (reliable, but no power), or the 135i/335i (fun but reliability near the bottom of the barrel for any manufacturer, or the 335d (fun and reliable, small price premium).

I dont know how you compare a 335d optioned out price with an m3, mine has almost all the options, but an M3 would cost me significantly more, unless i got one with absolutely NO options.

My friend at work drives a GTI, and I love a luxury performance hatchback, I was thinking if bmw doesnt have an offering I may have to look at the GTI, or the mazdaspeed3, though VW reliability isnt very good, and the bodykit on the mazdaspeed3 in the most recent update looks a little to "young" for me hehe.