03-17-2022, 02:58 PM   #3044
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
I have a bench with the leg attachment slot, but it didnt come with the attachment. I was looking at them online but before pulling the trigger on one does anyone have good alternatives for leg curls/extensions? I have a rack, bench, plates, and cables... typical garage gym setup.
Tons of good alternatives that can be done with just body weight. With that said, leg extensions are purely quad focused. They are probably the most difficult to replicate, but that doesn't mean there isnt a good alternative. For quads, lunges are your friend. Tons of different alternatives from standard to step-up, bulgarian split squads, etc etc. For hamstrings, hip thrusts, these can be done laying on your back or with your back on the bench. More so about getting the proper movement through the iteration. You can also do straight leg dead lifts, just be careful with form, you don't need a ton of weight. Also, you can do standing cable hamstring curls if you buy the attachment - this can also be done laying on a bench away from the machine. Another is laying face down on the bench and picking up a dumbbell with your feet, then doing curls that way.

Good luck!
Appreciate 1
///d1817.00