View Single Post
      03-01-2019, 04:44 AM   #25
ashiohsiao
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2012 F20 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
I think I would have gone for stiffer rear swaybar and less bump stops to improve turn in and make the car more stable at the limit.
Actually that was where I started, from the stock 13mm bar to a 19mm bar, which not only gave me quite harsh ride, but also caused my rear tires to keep losing grip when trying to accelerate out of corners.

Just did a quick touge test this morning, with one added set of packers. Man, I was SUPER BLOWN AWAY!

Never had I felt so in control when pushing the car to its limit for touge driving, it pretty much felt like I was doing this graceful ballad dance, with the ride comfortable, yet clear, and at the same time my speed was faster than ever taking those turns. It just felt so easy to drive at its limit, and the behavior was complete neutral, and while I was already way faster than ever on this touge path that I had previously driven for so many times, I felt as if I was simply taking a casual drive!

On top of those, I actually had a passenger on-board with me (he drives a GTI mk7 with KW V3), and he, too was totally blown away at the performance!

So far I can only say... I am never going back to other suspensions ever again... I will swear by FCM for every single car I own in the future!

Last edited by ashiohsiao; 03-03-2019 at 03:30 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0