View Single Post
      02-28-2019, 07:01 AM   #23
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
I read somewhere that it was an aim for BMW R&D engineers to reduce the speed feeling in new cars. BMWs should be fast without feeling fast.
Wouldn't this induce dangerous driving? Last time I saw a moron (not in a BMW ) struggling to brake approaching cars awaiting a green light. I would guess they want their cars to feel safe (from being such in fact ), actually.

Quote:
I want to sense the speed even when going slowly, which is what I do most of the time in traffic.
Isn't speed feeling just feeling insecure? Choosing a car with a poor handling and a good acceleration should help you to achieve your goal, keeping you busy/concerned driving even slowly. No M-Sport (or even sport suspension) should've made a wise choice as well as weight reduction (no M-Sport brakes should let you feel slow is fast after all ).

Quote:
If you go from an F20 to something like an E30, going at the same speed feels a lot faster.
Can this be because of weight difference, in particular? F20 should feel more planted. When (test) driving a Mini, did you feel more speed?
Appreciate 0