10-29-2018, 11:53 AM   #1
emil111
Second Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW 114d

interior:creaky(rare but annoying)-hot weather/silent-cold weather

hello everyone,i am at it again.
Some of you may now me and my constant battle with the interior of the vehicle.(most known for my recent victory against the creaky window seal) We have been through many hardships together,fought many creaks and rattles and won! Now i am at the final stages of my quest for a dead silent interior,after using miles of felt and tucking/sticking it into every gap i could find (ofc so it would fit seemlessly i have made the interior as quiet as a mouse,wonderful journey this was

And now lets get down to business.

-----During the night the plastics are dead silent-----

-----During the day (warm day) i can hear small creaks (as in a pop) from certain plastics (steering wheel cover+central vents~) this i presume happens because the plastic which is hot comes into contact with cold air(AC)-------[it only does it 1-2 times and then goes away)

Any ideas on how to deal with this?
felt?felt+even better tints(getting nano-ceramic front side tints really soon)
change the darn plastic?change the plastic and felt the new one and stick it in? Drive the car only during the night?

Any AC tips and tricks so that it doesnt blow air as cold as it does but stil not hot?

This is the last stage,otherwise everything else has been dealt with and it is awesome
Daewoo Nubira II

Last edited by emil111; 10-29-2018 at 12:02 PM..
Appreciate 0