11-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #55
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by advantage20 View Post
If there is any truth to this report, I guess it would actually refer to an M Performance M135i sedan (naturally xDrive, not FWD). The power given makes sense as the M135i hatch is @320ps. But I can't see a full-blown M model based upon the 1er sedan... because it would closely compete against the 340ps M2 GranCoupé that Scott26 confirmed to us, and 2 M models so close from each other just doesn't make sense. (On the contrary, I presume there will be a big enough status and price difference between M3 sedan and M4 GranCoupé to justify both coexisting)

So I'd say that either we will get a 320ps M135i M Performance sedan + a 340ps hardcore M2 GranCoupé, or this report is wrong because it actually refers to only the second model, the M2 GranCoupé, not to a 1er sedan M.

100% agree.. This is really confusing stuff now

What is most confusing is that BMW would make the M135 / M235 / M135 Sedan all powered by the Turbo Six, and then slap a 4 cylinder on the M2, M2 GC ? How would that make any sense? I just don't get that they can market the more expensive M models with less cylinders, no more power, obvisouly less torque and more turbo lag that the M Perf model counterparts which we know already have the 6 Turbo (M135 Hatch)

Can anyone explain this to me?
Appreciate 0