04-10-2014, 06:04 PM   #12
MeganeTrophyGuy
Private
Rep
Drives: M135i & Cayenne V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon H View Post
Thanks for the reply MTG,
Totally agree again with you regarding the Auto transmission, and feel it deserves special mention. I was stunned the first time i drove a demo car in anger, and had to question the salesman, asking him on a couple of occasions, that it was indeed an auto, and not a DCT, as i thought the changes felt even quicker and smoother than the dual clutch. Not really too bothered about increase in power from the exhaust, just want to get the sound just right, and not too OTT. I definitely dont want to lose the silky, creamy cruising ability this car posseses, and spoil it with something too offensive. Had a couple of raised eyebrows myself, from friends, who see me now riding round in, "JUST A 1 SERIES", but im just not bothered, as im smitten with the car, regards, SIMON.
From what you describe, I really think you will be happy with the MPE. It reminds me very much of the Porsche Sports Exhaust system for the 911/Boxster and Cayman - no claimed improvement in hp or torque but just a very carefully developed catback system with the entire focus being on enhancing the sporty sound of the engine without adding any drone or being too OTT (all with an OEM fit, look and warranty). In this regard the MPE is just stellar.

The past 2 days I had been driving mostly in Eco mode just to see what kind of mileage I could get (very nice 8.5 km/l average in mostly stop and go street traffic with no highway cruising), but decided to let her rip a bit this morning in Sport mode - had 4-5 stretches where I could really push the car and every time I revved above 4000rpm the engine almost SINGS it sounds so good - I would say the MPE is only about 10-15% louder than stock (with most of that being heard when pushing it) but oh is that 10-15% well judged! The the sound comes in all the right places, a subdued snarl that is just glorious, far better than my old E36 M3 with Supersprint, my fully stock E46 Alpina B3S or the E92 B3 with Akropovic I drove yesterday.

Get the MPE mate - you will not be disappointed!

Last edited by MeganeTrophyGuy; 04-10-2014 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: spelling mistake
Appreciate 0