View Single Post
      09-15-2012, 08:21 AM   #21
sl91
Private First Class
France
Rep
Drives: 125i F20

Well, it seems that this issue affects not only the F20, maybe all BMW production. I hope that some officials from BMW reads this forum. Here is my opinion:

As everyone knows, the quality of a car is directly related to the quality of its parts provided by other companies. When one buys a BMW, one supposes that these part are from premium quality. That is why he accepts to pay more than 30 thousands euros.

I will try to resume the main issues found on the F20:

1- Rear shockabsorbers rattling (I did not face this problem):
Reason: Badly designed parts made in Poland
2- Air conditioning malfunction
Reason: (may be ?) Compressor are not of Japanese made by Denso...I am not concerned, I have the Denso compressor.
3-Rust appearing on seat and maybe more.
Reason: (may be) BMW buys cheaper steel from eastern europe countries. I don't think that the german #1 steel producer (Thyssen) makes such basic mistakes. Don't forget that ten years before, russian companies did not knew what is a galvanized steel.

Of course, this is only my opinion but for me it is quite obvious that BMW is trying to lower as much as possible the car cost, saving 10 euros here and 5 euros there. This is really a very very bad policy for a premium car maker.

This is the first time I bought a BMW. Maybe it will be the last. Of course BMW has very Brilliant engines but the other components must be also of very high quality.

Before owning a BMW, I have always bought japanese cars made in Japan (not in the UK or Turkey), Mainly from Mazda and Toyota. I never have had any problem with these car, always 100% reliable, even at very large mileage.

Best regards

sl91