12-15-2010, 12:14 PM   #44
oasis3582
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
[Semi-serious rant]
Ding, exactly the reason I will not buy another BMW. Good job, propeller heads, you've officially lost your way. The "Ultimate Driving Machine" should not become the "Ultimate Fake Off Road Vehicle Just Because We Can't Determine That Americans Are Over SUV's (or SAV's)".

Put it in your brown eye, I'll buy an Audi A3 or Golf TDI, even though I've already owned and hated Audii before. This constant misstep towards trucks, electric steering, lack of limited slip diffs and under offering of diesels and hatches in the US market is ridiculous.

If BMW wants to see how to run an actual car company, simply look at what VW has done with their investments; they've saved Lamborghini, made Bentley mildly interesting, focused Audi and acquired Porsche. The Quandt's have done what? Made a barge of Rolls Royce, failed with Land Rover and lost momentum with Mini. Good work. More sport utes and pussified cars please. Oh, wait, no. F-off.

[/Semi-serious rant]
You talk about the Ultimate Driving Machine, then go on to say you'd buy an A3? What a joke.
Previous: VW GTI, Tesla Model 3 LR, Mazda MX-5 RF, Ford Mustang GT (x2), Mazda 3, BMW Z4 sDrive35i, Acura TSX, BMW 135i, Acura TSX, Honda Accord Coupe V6, Acura RDX, Pontiac GTO 6.0, Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
Appreciate 0