View Single Post
      11-17-2013, 07:33 AM   #28
altaaf999
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i ///M Sport ///M Perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian View Post
If the process of your vehicle takes the exact same amount of time as mine then according to my calculations:
If your vehicle production complete status is: Tuesday 12th November then
your estimated date of ship docking at Durban port will be: Thursday 19th December
Depending on your location, your vehicle should arrive at the dealership by: Friday 27th December and should be ready to collect by Monday 30th December or Tuesday 31st December that's if all of this went according to exactly what I experienced.

But here's the BUT... and in your case there is a BUT. You've got to remember that we've got holidays in between all of this so in my opinion just out of experience of getting hopes up, rather set your mind to take delivery of your BMW within the 2nd week of January 2014.

But you never know with BMW, sometimes they pull miracles out of their ar$es, what you should do is have a chat with your sales consultant and ask if there's a possibility of taking delivery this year.

Keep in mind that you've payed a boat load of money for your vehicle so you can ask your sales consultant as many questions as you want.

I hope I've sort of helped you out If not message me all you want
-My question to you is how far off was the BMW website Track My Ordered Vehicle with regards to the date they said your car will arrive compared to the date the car actually arrived? I think they adjust the dates on the website as the process goes along. initially they were saying 28th Jan now a week after my production has ended they quoting a 22nd Jan delivery date. how far off were ur initial dates?? my b'day in Jan the 2nd so im praying, by some miracle....! you are right in my case there is a BUT... also, perhaps in SA more ppl order new cars for the new year so there might be a bigger backlog with logistics and shipping ... but im just praying for the best U NEVER KNOW!! **
Appreciate 0