CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
This is modern parenting though, it's how it's done.
Yep, I see it in schools all the time. The parents want to be friends with their kids. They would rather be doing anything to make them feel happy instead of teaching them to deal with life. My parents were strict when I was growing up, and I hated it. All of my friends had cool "modern parents" as my siblings and I always thought. I was not friends with my parents back then at all, and was somewhat afraid of my father. Now we have a great relationship, are all successful, etc. Many of those kids I knew growing up haven't talked to their parents in years, have several kids with different partners, mountains of debt and criminal records, etc.

The problem is that dating a single parent is never easy, because you will ALWAYS be in a bad spot. She will always put the kids first before you, and since you are not the father, you have virtually no say in disciplining them. In some very rare cases the single parent will actually be open to guidance, but it really depends on the person, and why their child's other parent left.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00