View Single Post
      10-13-2018, 12:15 PM   #12
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
It could be good for the value of the car to have a complete service history at an authorized BMW dealer.
Sure. It's just regarding brakes in particular their condition only should matter - you admit you serve them yourself. One can buy the OEM accessory kit in question, use it himself to save the work cost and keep the paper proof those parts are all OEM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
I used a hydraulic jack before, but found out that an E46 jack is compatible and even faster in use. It was also rather affordable second hand, and probably never used before I bought it.
I am new to BMW so I started with the OEM kit. The jack turned not only no way fast or comfortable to use (of course), but of crappy quality as well: I followed the manual scrupulously , no extra burden at all, but it started to degrade and broke completely upon the 4th(?) change of wheels! Fortunately upon completion: I was putting the car down having just changed the last wheel (and I did!). And they intended the set/jack for the heavier models as well! Now I see they withdrew it for the people. BMW loves you!
Appreciate 0