09-09-2019, 11:27 AM   #22
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzer View Post
Unions suck. Really glad my company takes care of it's employees, and that I get to keep most of the money from my paycheck each week instead of it going to a bunch of bureaucrats in a union office somewhere.
Nothing like a good generalization or stereotype, is there? Just like there are good employers and bad ones, there are good unions and bad ones too. There are union that take their obligation to their members seriously, diligently, and include in their consideration of those obligations the financial health of the employer (more success = more hours = more money for their members).

I've sat across the table from every type of union from extremely good to a complete clown show. But of course, nothing that would rebut your global stereotype, huh?

By the way, did you ever stop to think that one of the reasons your employer might be so good is that they want to make sure there's no incentive for employees to unionize? Occur to you that maybe you're benefiting from unions even if you work for a non-union employer?
Appreciate 2
TomHudson658.00
Maynard3848.00