06-26-2018, 07:37 AM   #38
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyO View Post
I guess that’s what the helmet and air bags are for...

Rollover is also much less likely to happen than other incidents whereby the harness would work better than a belt and I’m confident they’re better than they are worse overall.

It’s a street car being thrown around the track and not a dedicated track car.

Also hate being thrown around the seat in corners.
Helmet and air bags will not protect your neck when your upper body is locked in position as the ceiling caves in. I agree that it is rather unlikely, but maybe worth worrying about.

The Schroth harness is superior when it comes to holding you in the seat during spirited driving, but I am but I am not convinced that it works better in a crash. After all, the stock seat belt has pyro tighteners and stretch links to stop you with the right force.

Would you use the Schroth harness in public traffic? And if not, why?

My personal preference is to keep the track day setup as close to street driving as possible, with brakes, tyres, pressures, seat belts, driving position and so on. This way the practice is more relevant. Besides, keeping the car consistent, will fine tune your reflexes and instincts to a higher level.

(I have also been down the modification road earlier, aiming for more of a race car, with bucket seat and missing interior.)
Appreciate 0