View Single Post
      10-25-2008, 11:47 AM   #5
esses
No_Country
Rep
Drives: like I stole it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARES45 View Post
Why have both M and tii? I would rather they expand their efficient dynamics section and bring something over like the lexus rx400h or any of the two mode hybrids GM is doing, after all it was a joint venture. I understand lighter = more fuel efficiency, but I doubt that is what the tii will be going after.
I have a feeling BMW M GmbH will handle the bigger cars (3, 6, 7, 8? series) and leave tii for the smaller ones (1, X1, 3, 4? series). This month's Roundel also confirmed what we already know: there will be NO M1. By separating BMW tii from BMW AG a la BMW M GmbH, they can enter the performance bolt-on market without subjecting big brother to liability.

I am all for energy conscious motors, but am also well aware that you need 200,000 miles on a Prius to offset the carbon pollution from manufacturing those fuel cells. Leave those cars to GM to produce (and fuel with un-green subsidized corn ethenol), BMW should stick to using high speed braking dynamics to power my iphone. :wink: Scrapping 100+ years of innovations and R&D on the internal combustion engine for the crisis of the month is bad business imo.

Appreciate 0