View Single Post
      01-20-2020, 10:40 AM   #1
IcefireX
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 335i

Hi Guys,

I have just bought a 2012 F20 118i Sport for which has some drama with the oil pressure. Need your help!
I was getting an Engine Oil Pressure Low warning on the iDrive, advising me to stop the car immediately. That message was showing sporadically and every time when I stopped and restated the engine the error was gone and I could drive the car without any issues.
I've scanned the car with ISTA and saw quite a few issues and not only related to the oil pressure and pump.
However, after reading quite a bit of threads, in one of them there was an advise to replace my battery, as when it's starts to deteriorate the car may throw quite a few (random) errors. So I did and all errors were gone except the below ones related to the oil. Weirdly, I can see the oil related issues only when I scan the car with ISTA, but nothing shows anymore on the iDrive or cars dashboard.
I'm not sure what the issue can be: oil pump, oil pressure control valve, oil pressure sensor or something else?! The car seems to work ok, bit noisy, but as I've mentioned, just bought it and not sure what's the normal sound of the engine.
Also, oil changed with Red Line 5w40 with new OEM oil filter.

Thank you in advance.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0