View Single Post
      12-27-2017, 10:02 AM   #25
M2Nebula
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2, X1, TSX WGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiofrequency View Post
The X2 pricing is nuts, you can go well north of $50k quickly. Yesterday I took my M4 to the Dealer for an oil change and wandered around the showroom. There was an M2 on their floor with an $80k + sticker price, more than I paid for my M4, go figure.... They had an X1 nicely equipped for $46k, my point is that BMW pricing is forcing me to look elsewhere for a vehicle that will fit my needs for work related tasks. One thing that I have noticed in my research is that most of the vehicles I am looking at are equipped with many of the items you pay extra for on a BMW. At this point I am considering a 4 Series Gran Coupe, a little large for my needs, but it checks many of the boxes I need - large trunk, AWD, a roof low enough that I do not need a ladder to load my snowboard/s, bicycles etc. I would buy a lightly used one, my research indicates a steep depreciation curve on these vehicles. A new Golf R is now $40k+, for that money I can purchase a lightly used 4 Series Gran Coupe and enjoy the sweetness of a BMW straight six motor - the very item that attracted me to BMW in the first place.
The X2 also appears to be on the larger side. I am really enjoying our e84 xDrive28i X1.....it is a perfect size for our needs and drives and handles quite nicely. I was surprised how much smaller it is sitting next to the X3, but it feels roomy enough inside and the cargo space is pretty good as long as you don't go crazy. The roof racks are at a reasonable level as well. You can pick up a nice clean low mileage used one for around $25K with all the bells and whistles. It is my wife's car, but I am always stealing it away from her.
Appreciate 1