01-18-2022, 08:56 AM   #13
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUGrad05 View Post
I drive 30 miles each way to work, basically no traffic, 90% highway at 80mph. Some days I come back into the city from my office. These days I typically drive 140ish miles vs 70 on a normal day. I'd say that's on average 2 days a week. Once or twice a month I may drive to Tulsa which is about 110 miles. I could do some charging there if needed or take my wife's new MDX, so I'm less concerned about those days and more concerned about longevity and not draining a battery 80% a couple days a week.
Helpful information. If you want one soon, forget the BMW. The I4 won't be available for a while. Sounds like you are basically commuting. If the Ioniq 5 is available, I would go for that one. Otherwise the Ford looks like a good choice.

Interesting that you didn't mention Tesla. My problem with Tesla is that the S is old technology and I won't buy a car where I have to look down and to the side to see how fast I am going so the 3 and Y are out. A $1,500 HUD option would make the Tesla 3 and Y a lot more interesting.
Appreciate 0