06-20-2019, 08:17 AM   #23
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

PPF....I'll do this again

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPelletier View Post
PPF is the way to go IMO. .....keeps the car looking great, stops me from worrying and protects your resale value. I've had half a dozen cars done, some for up to 16 years with zero issues. I've done my F type and my Z4 goes in next week. ....and unless you are paying a huge premium, a repaint is nowhere near as good as the factory finish.

2 cents,
Dave
Purchased the 07 Z4MR Imola Red in Mar 2010 as the second owner w/12K miles; purchased from Park Place Ltd in Bellevue WA; they had a PPF team on their staff and I had the front bumper, partial hood, mirrors, door edges done in VentureShield PPF (a 3M type film); returned a yr later and had the rocker panels below the doors done from back of front fenders and to the front of rear fenders as well; there was no cutting of PPF while on the car; it was all CNC machine cut to perfection; the initial application was $995 in Mar 2010 and the rocker panels were appx $200 a yr later; currently @ 67K miles and 9+ yrs and the PPF is holding up great and has saved the OEM front end paint.

Last edited by racerbruce; 06-20-2019 at 08:25 AM..
Appreciate 2
Run Silent15127.00