Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
I sold my Baja 3 weeks ago, bought her new in 2008.

As for the Blue Wave the dealer guarantees 82mph GPS or we can bounce. That's in flat water.

I really like the transitional dead rise and that it only drafts 17". Should work for all of our needs. Lake, bay, ocean and speed.

We have a Fountain and that's what I want to sell. We have a custom paint job & all the work that goes into it I'm over it. There are some other factors as well. I want to get a center console Statement or something similar. I will say if they are promising 82 mph that is solid. I love hp so I like to cruise mid 60's at least but if we want to crack on it I want to have ass in the engines to do so.
Fountains are great boats. We considered a 38' sport fish cruiser with trip 300 vrods but really need something we can tow realistically and use on our lakes around bham. Plus the insurance when keeping it in a wet slip was shockingly high. I didn't shop around but the desire to fish and cruise freshwater won out. What's your fountain have in it? 525's? I have been on a 35 lighting with 600's and it had the ability to scare me at times but I loved every minute of it.[/QUOTE]
Oh I would love a Fountain center console for sure especially with trips! We have a warehouse where we store the power boat. It's crazy that insurance is high for a wet slip. We can launch where we live & about run anywhere (lakes to the gulf). But ease of towing is always nice.

We started out with a 35 & don't recall the power we had in that boat. Our 42 has twin 600hp blue mercury motors that are whipple charged. We can run 92ish WOT. One of our drives is up in Missouri being rebuilt right now. Hoping to have it back within the next 2 weeks.

Years ago I loved the power boat part because I love speed & the water calms me. I'm just over the maintenance (washing & all) or if drinking having to run that much deck when we dock.
Appreciate 1
Nuckle2218.00