01-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #9
wolz
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: bmw F20 120d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
In December we got 85 cm of snow in one day. I had to give up using my bicycle (with spiked tires) that day, and used my cross country skis to get to work. :-)

I remember some years back, when I towed a Pajero 4x4 up from a ditch with my BMW E30 318iS on a snowy day. That must have been embarrassing for the Pajero guy.
That's funny, I had a 318iS e36 with LSD. On gislaved nordfrost 5 with studs it was truly epic in wintertime, never got stuck =) I didn't tow any jeeps from ditches but it was fantastic making it's way through conditions that seemed impossible.

So my F20 on studless feels like a joke compared to that =( really poor when there is a bit of snow. If I loose momentum and come to a stand-still it's game over. Trying to park it in a bit of snow is a nightmare. The electronic diff don't cut it, seems like 1wd at standstill (works great at speed though).

I used to be the guy who went MUAHAHAH when everyone else was stuck and I had no probs, now I'm the sitting duck and even toyota Aygos and stuff drive past me having the laugh
Appreciate 0