United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
Here's mine:

Dillon Reservoir, Dillon, CO:

Dillon Reservoir, looking toward the dam by dcstep, on Flickr
Love pics of mtns. Really like how the colors or what seems like saturation level fades from the closest to furthest. Colors look good to me. There are a three things i would have changed. Would have gotten rid of the tiny hair or what ever in the clouds upper right. Would have cloned out the dot in the water dead center near the bottom of the frame. I would have also cloned out the boat and it's wake. FOR ME... the boat and it's wake ruin an otherwise beautiful scene. Lastly and i think this may be a personal opinion, i tend to like to have the shoreline sitting about 1/3 the way up the frame.

I especially like that pic because it's the Keyston/Dillon area. Hard to beat that area for pretty mountainous scenes.

In fact, here is mine......

This was taken with my first DSLR, a Konica Minolta with the kit lens or a 28 - 300 tonkia lens. Can't remember. Either way now that i've been doing this a little while longer there are a few items about this image that i don't care for. Despite me thinking this was the best photo i'd ever taken at the time. haha just curious to see if my gripes are the same as others.

I took this while taking a day break from an 8 day snowboarding trip to the Keystone area.