View Single Post
      01-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #8
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

For me the xDrive is a logical option when you go for the AT. Since when you do, you almost get the xDrive for free.

The 0-100km/h is a bit faster, but that's only because you can do a grippier launch in first gear. During none stoplight spring conditions, the RWD is a bit more agile (less weight) and faster but I assume it remains totally unnoticed when your name is not Vettel or Alonzo.

Since I appreciate foolproof performance, also during wet conditions, I'd go for the xDrive. The extra consumption is only marginal, the extra weight is acceptable, the balance of the car is probably not compromised too much either and the extra cost is not even worth to mention.

In contradiction with former posters, I don't believe that the 1-series can perfectly bring the 450Nm to the wet asfalt via only his rear wheels during sharp turns. It just is impossible. I only have to consider the overtime the DTCS has to do in my output reduced 520d when it rains. Most probably, not going for xDrive will make you curse yourself for omitting the xDrive 100 days a year, on every roundabout you take.
Appreciate 0