07-26-2022, 02:53 PM   #407
Pauldunlop13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
My take on post-race;

1) French GP is still garbage - even with the new cars. This is the track that needs to go.
2) Charles screaming "Noooooooo" really hit me in the feels - that was dark. I don't think he was going to win that race but I feel his pain and I really sympathize with his accident;
3) CHARLES IS NOT WDC MATERIAL YET. There's no doubt he will be a WDC one day and that he is 100% capable of challenging Max, there is a huge difference between Max and Charles currently. I don't say that as an attack on Charles but Max was also at this point a few years ago. The most important thing is he can not let this stuff break him.
4) Merc is really not as good as their podium results seem. They're improving but they're only up there because Sainz started in last + penalty, Leclerc crashed and Checo had a mediocre weekend in general.
5) Ferrari's real fight in the constructors is Mercedes for 2nd, which they should, ultimately, win.
6) The most important thing right now is that Ferrari doesn't lose sight of Charles' ceiling in order to get some quick results out of Carlos only to lose him - this wouldn't really surprise any of us right?
7) Max Verstappen is now tied for 8th in all time GP wins. There's a chance that in the next 2 years he could potentially be THIRD in all time GP wins - if you're a non LH44 fan; you truly appreciate the fact that you're watching a legend pave his way through F1 history.

or I am an LH44 fan, and I can still appreciate all of Max's successes and progress
2016 228Xi - 2017-2018
2003 Acura RSX Type S 2003-2017
Appreciate 4
NYG10744.00
M5Rick60090.50
EdM54066.00