12-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #57
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovabongz View Post
This was done by Car magazine in South Africa and although the M135i won the drag race , it was surprising to note that along Kayalami racing circuit the megane was quicker that the M135i disappointing both driven by Deon whose probably the quickest man around that circuit
Well, if he was disappointed because of the fact that Megane was quicker car around the track than he knows nothing about the Megane. It is the fastest handling fwd car in the world and was developed very much for the tracks with an lsd and all other artillery needed by the Renault Motor Sport. It has better lap times than many much more expensive sports cars and even some super cars. I am not surprised, not at all. A M135i is still more of a road car by design and purpose.

And did they reveal the lap times? Isn't this the same guy (long hair) who almost cried in an interview after testing a 1M on the Kyalami circuit, saying "I can't believe they built a car like this"? I remember (now checking...and back) he clocked a 2.01.17 while the comparison car (Audi RS3) did only 2.05.50.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 12-18-2012 at 07:46 AM..
Appreciate 0