03-24-2023, 01:25 PM   #9
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
LOL, good point. I consider myself (just ask my wife!) pretty OCD but I can't hold a candle to a lot of "detailing enthusiasts" as I call them, with their 27-bucket method that uses 6 different kinds of towels and takes a day and a half if they don't stop to eat or sleep.

One bucket works fine, the cars (and the wash water) are never really dirty enough to worry about, and since these are all drivers, left outside at work and used regardless of the weather, they do develop some swirls in the paint from my frequent washing and drying.

And yes, they do get polished but it's more of a semi-annual clay and wax regimen with only occasional polishing as needed on really bad horizontal surfaces. If I polished my cars every time they "needed it" I'd end up with nothing but primer after a few years.
Okok, yeah I think at the end of the day it's going to be preference and like chicagob5 mentions to, how OCD you are about not preventing the swirls and if an additional step is worth it to you VS the amount of prevention it does.

Also another thing I like to do with the foam cannon step that is actually useful for me is I use the foam on the car to use my brush in intricate unpainted areas and emblems, although I tend to go back to my bucket to pick up more suds so yeah.. It's really just an accessory but it's fun to.
Appreciate 2