02-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #63
JonF1982
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 116i Sport - Crimson Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3magine View Post
You know, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I used to have a 135 and while I wasn't in love with the appearance, I was in love with the engine and power. In particular I wasn't too fond of the headlights.

I would be interested in the new 1er, and I think my opinion counts for something, as this is my market segment. However, I will not be looking at it anymore, if the coupe will have the headlights of the hatch, which judging by the previous coupe/hatch, it will.

Now to express my opinion, I think the headlights are ugly, and that is the single thing I don't like about the new 1er. I'm not commenting on the back, simply because I won't have to deal with that ugliness across the pond
You're absolutely correct, everyone's opinion is valid. I did say that a few posts back.

What we in the F20 community are getting sick of though is that anything posted on the main page about the 1er seems to be a signal to all the boards haters to come on and have a go a the car.

Now there are reasonable, balanced opinions such as yours, which create conversation and a good honest debate, and then there is just open hating, which is what i'm talking about.

If the car really offends some people that much, then they dont have to look at the pictures of it online, let alone comment on them within a community of owners.
Appreciate 0