View Single Post
      10-05-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
DNA_42
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 520d

Any views on this...?

I live in the UK and in June I placed an order for a 520d, with expectation of an August build. I learned from this site (many thanks!!) about the Combox upgrade and I was dismayed to see that my build was 2 weeks BEFORE the upgrade.

Now like everybody I listen to a lot of music, audio books, podcasts etc in the car and because of my job I do a lot of long journeys - so my iPod is important to me and I am really impressed with the post-Combox/Prof Media interface.

I managed to get the build pushed back to post-Combox September, and so I am very happy. The car has been built and is in the UK and I am scheduled to pick it up on Sat 16th Oct.

So far so good.

This morning I get a call from the dealer saying there has been a mistake and my car was built without a USP interface, and this will (1) severely limit iPod access, visibility and control (2) rule out future software and phone driver upgrades and (3) will mean that iPhone will not work as well and with full functionality and (4) reduce resale value - I added this one.

They say the USB interface is not retrofittable (yet), cannot guarantee it ever will be, and even if it was they'd have to pull my brand new car apart and put it back together again (which worries me - a lot).

This is their error, I have a copy of the invoice showing USB, why should I lose this benefit having paid £32k and waited 5 months....?

What are my options?

Any thoughts?

DNA_42
Appreciate 0