01-28-2014, 09:33 AM   #111
F20MAW73
440i Gran Coupe, Auto
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangusta View Post
I just recently had the M Performance Power Kit installed. I'm very pleased with the result. I don't have any before and after power, torque or acceleration figures but from seat of pants experience there is a noticeable difference in acceleration.

Mine cost $2,590 AUD all up including fitting. That's not cheap but as I had also purchased the extended warranty insurance when I bought the car, there was no way I was going to go with an aftermarket tuner and thereby potentially void both the original warranty and the extended warranty that I had already paid good money for. For anyone in Australia who has the extended warranty insurance and who is interested to know about coverage of the power kit, I made sure to contact the extended warranty insurer before installing the power kit. Long story short, they eventually provided confirmation that the power kit and any associated mechanical failures that occur during the period of the extended warranty insurance are covered under my policy.

I also contacted my car insurer prior to installation and provided them with details of the kit. They haven't charged me anything extra but they did need to note it on the policy. Again I wanted to make sure I got everything confirmed before proceeding with purchasing the kit.

Interestingly I can't hear any bubbling from the exhaust, even immediately after revving it hard. There is a slightly enhanced sound to the exhaust, perhaps a bit deeper at low revs and louder at high revs, but nothing major. Actually I'm very pleased with that. I was actually afraid prior to installation that the exhaust sound would be too loud for my liking as I prefer to keep the car discreet. Also I got the dealer to leave off the M Performance stickers for the same reason.

The kit took about three weeks to get to the dealer (Germany to Australia) which wasn't a long wait at all. Anyway, for anyone thinking of getting the kit who values their warranty, I think it's worth it.
What's your thoughts 'Mangusta' a few weeks in after having the PPK installed. Worth the money?

I had the m p exhaust fitted at the beginning of the month and would highly recommend it. Its a 100% improvement on the existing. It has a low bassy sound about it and some nice bubbling effects. In sport mode you when accelerate hard you get nice boom sound as it upshifts through the gears.