View Single Post
      05-05-2024, 09:42 AM   #35
SteVTEC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 335i vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schn3ll View Post
My wife had a Mach E GT Performance for 3 months. Hated it. All related to EV specific and Ford issues/reliability. I called around to Toyota dealers and someone had just dropped out of a RAV4 Prime XSE Premium on the way from Japan. We only had to wait 2 weeks, and they ran a $6,500 off lease special so we did that and then immediately did a buyout so we got the car for $47k OTD. Not bad and she loves it.
When the Mach-E came out, they were literally everywhere around here in the D.C. suburbs, but very quickly disappeared. I think people unloaded them just about as quickly as they bought them. Yeah, Ford reliability issues, recalls, software issues, and the complete lack of reliable public fast charging other than for Tesla's would be huge downsides.

So how do you both like the RAV4 Prime, and how long have you had it for? I have a colleague that's considering one. From what I've read, I've heard it makes the numbers but really isn't that good to drive as far as steering, handling, braking, etc. Kinda par for the course for the RAV4 though. I have a 2007 RAV4 V6 (my older car, bought back from folks, kids learning to drive on it) that's the same DNA. Good numbers but pretty awful driving demeanor.