View Single Post
      12-12-2017, 08:14 AM   #10
FEDEANC
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

yes, exactly, I had extracted and then copied, but now I'm extracting the files with winzip directly into the usb key.
Now I do not have a car to try, tomorrow I'll try and I'll write if everything will ok
for now, thank you very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
All right, you've got the "Road_Map_EUROPE_Route_2017-2.zip" that presumably contains all the data. Once you've got WinZip, use it to open and "Test" this file for validity/integrity. Then, using WinZip again, extract all the file's contents (directory structure preserved) into your USB.

So you mean you tried to copy the "Road_Map_EUROPE_Route_2017-2.zip" file to your USB memory stick and try it with your car? That wouldn't work, of course: you have to decompress the "Road_Map_EUROPE_Route_2017-2.zip" onto your USB, that is, have all the archive's contents extracted and copied to the memory stick. No need to put the archive to the USB!

When you mentioned you had extracted the data to your hard disk successfully, copied it to the USB and that did not work in your car I thought you had copied the extracted data using Windows Explorer which, by default, does not show files/directories marked "system" or "hidden" and you could have omitted some of the data because of that.
Appreciate 0