View Single Post
      05-04-2020, 03:16 PM   #7
xywter
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20 118i -11

Have you gotten information what might be the root cause for the noise? I've had this problem of horrible noise suddenly starting to come from the front left (driver) speaker for too long and can't seem to find a fix. I've tried switching the front speakers from left to right and vice versa, with no luck. (the noice stayed on the left side, so not a faulty speaker. : / )

For my F20 -11 the symptoms are that for 15-20min I can drive fine with sounds ok (or actually it seems to be related into continuous power on the system) , then the erroneous sound slowly starts to rise and ends up being quite noicy, that you barely can stand it, lasting for several minutes. It will continue for a while, maybe go down a bit and then tune up again few times, until it 'explodes' with whole speaker going offline. Then the same cycle repeats every time after there has been ma enough hours without power on in the system..

Sounds like a electric component issue, but hard to investigate where it might be since dont have replacement parts (HU, amp) or not wanting to open head unit or amp into pieces.

Would highly appreciate your help, thank you.
Appreciate 0