Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINA_DREAMS View Post
Once people on this forum realize that no one (especially BMW) cares what you think about design language, I reckon life will become easier and less agitating for everyone involved.

If you can't bring anything of value to the discussion, why spend the time and energy? Do you actually think members of BMW's board are sitting in Munich in front of a projector screen of this forum and saying, "Oh no, Steve73M5 says the grilles are too large! We must scrap the current tooling and dies and start from scratch!"

Get over yourselves. Design interpretation is inherently highly subjective. The really beautiful part is that if you dislike the design so much, you are free to buy something else! Simple as that. But to see hundreds of negative comments day after day is pretty sad and demoralizing.
Oh the irony. You are bitching about other people bitching about these enormous grilles.

Anyway; I agree with you partially. There is little discussion on full self driving capability, for example, although this thread and the corresponding article are speaking directly to visual aspects of the iNext series.

I also agree that those who don't like the new "look" should go shop elsewhere. I have already voiced my silent dissent by making the decision to not buy another BMW with the current design language because aesthetics do matter a lot to me, enough to sway my decision to go with another automaker. That, in my opinion, is sad and demoralizing for a lifetime BMW fan and 3-time BMW owner like me.
Appreciate 1
ted99248.00