Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
so it really is one of those... " I could have had a V8" moments... by that I mean... for the same money... they COULD have gotten him a (base) Jag..

My parents promised and purchased a car for me when I graduated college. I did NOT get to make the final choice but fortunately I did make my concerns heard. I nearly got a Chevy Lumina Automatic (which I probably would have pushed into a river) .... but at least managed to get my parents to limit the options to Honda, Acura , Nissan - anything but an American car make. I ended up with a Honda Accord Coupe DX base model with 5MT (thank god no automatic!) and it didn't even have a passenger side mirror or a stereo. I would have LOVED a Honda CRX SI.... there was on the lot for LESS than the Accord... but my mom said.. " that little tiny car ? " Sorry. no.. so I got a generic car. I had waited for the new car until I graduated ... and I was also nearly 22.... and did not have a car in high school while all my friends did, so it was quite crushing to not receive something I wanted.....

I was definitely called an ungrateful child by my mother... but she didn't realize.. # because CAR GUY

However.... I kept the Accord for about 3.5 years (they made payments.. didn't buy it outright) and sold it and got an E30 M3.....

If I had it to do over again... I would have just gotten a beater in High school and paid for it with my own money - rather than wait til 22 for a new car.
LOL. Man if you were my kid, I'd have bought you a fixer upper 10 year old Chevrolet and a Craftsman tool box with a Craftsman starter set of tools and a Chiltons Repair Manual.

Mother's know best...

Pitiful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
LOL. Man if you were my kid, I'd have bought you a fixer upper 10 year old Chevrolet and a Craftsman tool box with a Craftsman starter set of tools and a Chiltons Repair Manual.

Mother's know best...

Pitiful.

The hell they do..

Thanks for the offer .. I'd have pushed your Chebby into a river or fixed it up first and then left potholes on your lawn.

I began volunteering at 15 and worked jobs from 16. Didn't get a license til 17 and I had the money to buy a beater with my own money at 18 and gladly would have but for the promise of a new car. My over protective parents kept me off the street for a few years with their gambit. Shrug.

Chevy lumina. Omg what a crappy car. Driving a lumina is about the most pitiful thing I can imagine. I've never owned a Chevrolet. I'll fix a Ford and have done so.

When I rolled up in my E30 M3 my mom said.. oh my god you went and bought that little car !

No mom. This ones a little nicer.
Appreciate 1
nigr12.00