03-03-2019, 02:26 PM   #23
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
The SONOS app interface is far better than any AV receiver app.

Putting a SONOS Play1 outside is definitely not recommended by SONOS. It may work, but be aware that you're coloring outside the lines.

I usually recommend utilizing a mono signal for outdoor audio installations (if possible). Because you're not usually even remotely centrally located between the speakers, and usually relatively far from the speakers, stereo separation can do more harm than good. Even if you were to use multiple Play1s, I'd still keep them as individual units rather than pairing them up.

Someone has already mentioned this, but I'd suggest a SONOS ConnectAmp with a pair or two of outdoor speakers.
Maybe you've noticed that I always colour outside the lines. Not like the Marines whom I've recently learned eat their crayons. I did it with the Play 1's because they are humidity protected for use in bathrooms. Like i've mentioned earlier, I've had them outside with zero issues. Thy are tucked up under the eve's really tight as the pics illustrate. I have them about 10 feet apart and get great stereo separation. YMMV
Appreciate 1