10-18-2012, 04:30 PM   #85
Gymkhana
Private
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: M3 E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Right, he doesn't make sense on that point, same N55 engine.

I wouldn't expect the PPK equipped F30 335i performing exactly that good as this M135i though, there is a serious weight difference between them (F30 85 kg. heavier, manual to manual gear box, according to German BMW web site). That's a big fat block.
Ok i putted it wrong.
What i ment is that its an old N55 engine E82 has , just tuned up a bit. Thats it.

What about hydraulic vs electronic steering systems -
you , guys , named some really nice cars using electonic steering, like BRZ and so on, BUT.
///M cars are still supplied with hydraulic system. 1M , M3. Even the latest M5.
Why ? the answer is that its more precise and accurate. And gives u the road feel you can't compare to electronic one.
PS And yeah,as someone mentioned above - E82 has the same system paired with DSC simulating the LSD work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
I think the seats and the brakes are better. The suspension is also better balanced (less oversteer and understeer), which could be seen as both an advantage or disadvantage, depending on your driving style.

The steering column is directly connected to the rack both with hydraulic or electric assist. The F20 steering is even quicker than the E82 steering, and no less precise. The steering feel is different, but it is pretty much just a matter of getting used to.

The lights are very good. I have the adaptive Xenons, and they are awesome on dark and twisty roads.

The track is wider, which should give you more grip in corners.
Seats remained the same, except its stitching form ,probably )
Brakes - i really doubt they made it any better than old brembo 6 piston brakes. My optional M-sport 4 piston brakes on 328 are times worse, than that. There is a guess , that they do fit the same break system on M135.

Last edited by Gymkhana; 10-18-2012 at 04:43 PM..
Appreciate 0