View Single Post
      09-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #114
BMW_116i_Hartge
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 116i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazzi View Post
To keep a long story short.... Firstly, one of the ways to detune the 116 and the 114 is to install an exhaust which is smaller in diameter then the bigger 118 brother.
2" exhaust from cat-back is an effective way to detune the car. This can be seen even on the standard engine dyno graph.
Secondly, Chiptronic is one of those companies which produces the modules for many other tuners for many years now....Other tuners buy the modules with programmes from Chiptronic and just rebrand them
Doubt it whether they would do a "non-such-effective" tune especially that the piggy-back tuning method is based on boosting the standard signal instead of a totaly new timing, ignition and fuel map.
I have 116i with Hartge engine conversion with 171hp and 265Nm. I didnt repkace anything on exhaust system. The car is unrecognizable. It runs so much better and faster. If the onky way to do a detuning us by making smaller exhaust then getting a supersprint miltek or remus exhaust would make our cars even faster and more powerfull without chip tunning. Mapping of 116i is different then in 118i.
Appreciate 0