View Single Post
      04-14-2019, 03:21 PM   #22
onur_sp
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGT513 View Post
I own a stage 2 bmw 116i, intake, intercooler, decat and full turbo back 3 inch exhaust. It was mapped and did 245hp on the dyno. I've been looking very deep into getting a bigger turbo but for the gain there is no point unless you go forged internals.

The N13b16a engine will not take anymore then around 270/280hp before internals start giving way. The n13 engine shares pretty much all the internals from the n18 engine that's in the r56 Cooper S, and with a bigger turbo they limit them on stock internals to no more then 270/280hp.

The n13 in the 116i will easy go over 300hp with a bigger turbo and easy over 400hp with meth. But only on forged internals. Stock would give way straight away.

I've done a loud of research into the mini JCW turbo to see if it would fit straight bolt on to the 116i and no it won't it's not a direct replacement! The turbo sits the opposite way and the exhaust housing of the jcw turbo is different to the n13 turbo.

There's a company doing a hybrid turbo for the n13 engine and with a bone stock car there pushing 222hp at the wheels, so around the 265hp at engine mark.

For the money I wouldn't go bigger turbo on the n13 engine unless you have the money to do the internals.

Forged internals= Rods, pistons, Cams, head studs and then bigger turbo would easily see 350-400hp on the n13 engine depending on turbo size. 500hp is achievable but will need engine head work, big turbo and pure meth.
Im running on your setup +meth and hybrid turbo mate, only on compressor side, i dont care about dyno figures its not realistic sometimes but i can tell its chasing 8v s3 285 bhp and it can be little faster than 308 gti 270
Appreciate 0