I'm kind of a bitch
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego/Cream E93

Garage List
2007 E93  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneintheory View Post
That's the point. I want you to capture what you feel IS different about that which isn't photographable.

here's a quick example that I pulled from my archive.
http://jsophoto.shutterchance.com/photoblog/the_park_/
While I'm not a professional photographer (very, very noobish, actually) and this isn't my contest, I am an artist. I can't tell you what your vision of the contest is supposed to be, because it's yours. But, I don't really think that example shows seeing the beauty in the mundane.

That's simply just taking a photo of a sign and fence, and knowing how to use the camera. It's not really adding any artistic element to it at all. (This argument could be debated for all eternity - what is art, and what makes it art.)

I would think a winning photo would take the mundane and make it beautiful, not just "see" the beauty in it. You need to translate your vision to everyone else. So that even someone who knows nothing about art would think it's "beautiful." For example, here's a bottle of Kettle One I grabbed off the internet, it's a nice, clean, crisp professional shot, and there is an artistic element to it. Then next to it is a shot I took of the same (not exact) bottle, and it makes it look like something different.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0