09-25-2019, 05:51 AM   #42
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
I got lucky and found one with my main must haves...
X73 suspension was the hard one....once I found one with that with my other must haves at a price that was right I was on a one way flight the next day.
If I had the money I would probably get the GTS, but My Cayman S is about a PSE short of a GTS basically and I saved about $20k from the next best priced 981 GTS

I think the 981 version with the NA flat six is the one to have personally compared to the newer 718 with the 4 pot turbo... apparently they stopped making the base, S and GTS versions for the US so the only one you can spec and order now is the GT4 and the Spyder.

I would suggest test driving both of them back to back

Like I said, I narrowed my must haves to like 5 things
(color, x73, SD steering wheel, sport Chrono, 20" Carrera S wheels)
and the rest was gravy.

Honestly, the hunt is half the fun....and the best time to buy a car is when you really don't need the car. You can be picky and have the time to find a great deal...by the end of a month or two you'll know what a great deal is when you see it.

The Silver one I passed up on is a great deal if it is still available... it had all the right options. 2014 Cayman S Silver on blue loaded 30k miles with a $82,360 msrp
He is asking $44,900 it is in Huntington Beach Ca

It is on car gurus but easier to contact through his CL ad.
so ever since you posted your interest in a Porsche 981 I've been researching what kind of Porsche I would like and didn't realize how many they have. is the 718 basically the same body style as the 981 cause they look identical. and also i'm learning now that the 981 has the flat 6 whereas the 718 has the 4 banger?

how are you loving the car now...still the same since you last posted?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0